Noise as a Way of Life
Rhythm Division is a music and audio post production company founded in 1995 by Kevan Staples and Jim Longo. It grew out of our desire to offer clients a one stop shop to handle all their soundtrack requirements without having to coordinate many different outside resources.
We offer our clients a full spectrum of creative services which include music composition, sound design, audio post production and surround mixing in our custom designed 5.1 room.
We have extensive professional experience in all areas of music and sound design for all types of electronic media. The majority of our recent work has been in Television and Film production as listed below.
- Sound Design and 5.1 mix on "Skyland" for 9 Story Entertainment and Method Films. Gemini Award winning, 3D animated space epic airing worldwide.
- Audio post, and surround mixing on "Smart Woman's Survival Guide" for Magee TV, debuting on the W Network in September.
- Music composition, sound editorial and 5.1 mix supervision on "Nature of the Beast" for EllisVision.
- Music composition, sound editorial and mix on "Party Dish" for Magee TV.
- Music, sound editorial and 5.1 mix on "The Baby Human" a Discovery Channel documentary for EllisVision.
- Music score for "A Childs Century of War" documentary film by director Shelley Saywell
- Music for " "Flightpath - The Top Ten Aircraft" documentary film by Great Sky Productions.
- Music, sound editorial and mixing for "One World, One Vision" the story of Dr. Andrew Simione as told by filmaker Chris Terry for Vision TV.
- Audio and Post Production Supervision for "Rolie Polie Olie" animated TV series Produced by Nelvana Gemini Nomination for Best Animated TV series 2000
- Music for "Visions of an Island" Documentary film Directed by John McGreevy
- Audio and Post Production Supervision for "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast" animated TV series for Nickelodeon Produced by Nelvana
- Sound Design and Audio Post Production Supervision for "Ned's Newt" animated TV series Produced by Nelvana for YTV / Teletoon Gemini Nomination 1999 Best Writing in a Children's or Youth Program
- Music for "Legacy of Terror" Documentary Film for TVO Shelley Saywell Director
- Music for "Baby Cage" short film workshop. Chris Terry Director
- Music for "Crimes of Honour" Documentary Film for CBC Witness Series Shelley Saywell Director, Donald Brittain Award Gemini 1999
- Music for "Niagara" a two hour documentary film Produced by Screenlife Inc.
- Audio and Post Production Supervision for "Stickin' Around" animated TV series for Fox/YTV Produced by Nelvana.
- Music for "Deadly Seas" two hour documentary film Produced by Screenlife Inc. Gemini Nomination 1999 Best History/Biography Documentary Program
- Music for "Profiles of Nature" documentary TV series Produced by Ellis Enterprises
- Music and Audio Post for "Buck Staghorn's Animal Bites" TV series Produced by Ellis Enterprises (26 episodes) Gemini Nomination "Best Sound in a Comedy/Variety Series"
- Music, Sound Design and Mixing on "Robin" animated TV series on MTV Produced by Nelvana / Wegelius (27 episodes)
- Music for 52 episodes of "Flightpath" television series produced by Screenlife Inc.
- Music and Audio Post for "Mother Nature" TV series on Discovery Channel Produced by Keg Productions (26 episodes)
- Music for "Kim's Story" Documentary Film for CBC Witness Series Shelley Saywell Director Gemini Nomination "Best Music Score for a Documentary"
- Music for "Rape - A Crime of War" a National Film Board Documentary Shelley Saywell Director, Banff Film Festival Special Jury Prize
- Sound Effects Design for ATI Technologies "Eye Opener" CD-ROM
- Theme music for "Flare TV" Produced by Cambium One and WTN
- Featured Composer for "Freaky Stories" YTV animated series Produced by Decode Productions
- Commercial Music and Production on request.